Nowadays, there are so many products of home theatre reciever in the market and you are wondering to choose a best one.You have searched for home theatre reciever in many merchants, compared about products prices & reviews before deciding to buy them.
You are in RIGHT PLACE.
Here are some of best sellings home theatre reciever which we would like to recommend with high customer review ratings to guide you on quality & popularity of each items.
961 reviews analysed
1. Wireless Bluetooth Power Amplifier System
- EQ CONTROLS: The surround sound amplifying device has crisp buttons for the audio sources, selector, mic adjustment and rotary knob for master volume adjustments. Features BT pairing switch, radio tuner, bass/treble, mute and delay buttons
- DISPLAY METER: The compact amplifier has a built-in digital LCD display panel which displays all the functions and input used. AM FM antenna, power cable wire and remote control are also included in the package for distant audio adjustments. Power input AC 115V 60Hz/230V 50Hz
- 420 WATT POWER: The Pyle Digital 5.1 Channel Stereo Receiver is perfect for your karaoke, home theater entertainment system. It gives you 420W peak to be used for multi speakers w/ 4 ohms impedance allowing you to enjoy high quality amplified audio
- 9 INPUTS: The personal digital amp box features 4 HDMI IN / 1 OUT, 3 RCA audio input, subwoofer speaker OUT, preamp OUT, 3 ¼” microphone IN. Connect external sources such as TV, CD DVD player, tape deck. Features 4K ultra, 3D TV pass-through
- USB Doubles as Device Charge Port
- BLUETOOTH CONNECTIVITY: The professional integrated indoor house AV receiver is equipped w/ Bluetooth wireless music streaming. Works w/ today’s latest devices including smart phones, tablets, iPhone and computer w/ hassle-free receiver pairing. Frequency Response: 20-20kHz. S/N Ratio: 85dB
Value for money is the ultimate aim of every person out there. You want the best you can (Or better) for the bucks you pay. In terms of Home Theatre Reciever, Wireless Bluetooth Power Amplifier System would be your best bet for getting a value for money. Launched Quite time Ago Wireless Bluetooth Power Amplifier System was the best-sold product and even today, the sales number speak.
Having such amazing features, all this is bundled up at a cost, which may seem high for few, but is actually very good if you compare its features. Our bet is Wireless Bluetooth Power Amplifier System would be the Best Home Theatre Reciever for Money.
- I was amazed on the quality of this stereo setup as this is not the only system i have in my home.
- Easy to set up and the sound quality is phenominal!
- Since the on/off button is hard, you cannot turn on/off the product with the remote.
- You can’t turn off the power with the remote control.
- Installation went well and the product seems to be working fine.
- I found this pyle product on amazon and when i saw the specs and the price, i did not hesitate a second and ordered it right away.
- I’ve owned several pyle products over the years, and always been more than satisfied.
- I use the amplifier for 12 to 14 hours everyday. It is so easy to set up and the sound quality is the best. I use the Bose surr… Read More
- Installation went well and the product seems to be working fine. It is replacing our previous receiver that had its HDMI connec… Read More
2. Onkyo HT-S3900 5.1-Channel Home Theater Receiver/Speaker Package
- 120 W/Ch. (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 10% THD, 1 Channel Driven) with discrete output stage circuitry and six-channel analog amplifiers
- Easily enjoy streaming music with Bluetooth wireless technology with Qualcomm apt Audio
- HDMI 4 in/ 1 out pass-through of the latest Ultra HD 4K/60 Hz, video formats with HDR (high dynamic range) and HDCP 2.2 content protection
- Includes high-quality six-piece surround-sound speaker system that’s just the right size for smaller living spaces
- Dolby Trued and DTS-HD Master Audio decoding
- I listen to symphonic music, classical, so sound quality is important to me.
- Great quality sound, super easy to set up, very user friendly!
- For the price, you can’t argue with the quality you get.
- Our family and friends have been impressed and amazed by the quality of the digital sound—especially for movies like ironman,… Read More
- There may be better options for that price elsewhere, but if the price is back around $250 or below, i would definitely recommend it.
- But for both music and movies, this was an easy setup at a decent price point.
- Price is high for something that burn out in 6months.
- This system kicks i lost some of the wires moving back so at this price i’m going to get this system again
- This is a very good system and only a fraction of the cost of better-known brands.
- Awesome Home theater experience WOULD RECOMMEND ????????????
- A big fan of surround, I already had an expensive system in the house. For the man cave, a converted garage now a music studio … Read More
3. Fougcol Antenna Receiver Pioneer Marantz
- Package Included: 1pcs Antenna + 1pcs TV Female Socket Connector Adapter + 1pcs 3.5mm Audio Plug Connector Adapter + 1pcs TV Male Plug Connector Adapter.
- Fit for Pioneer, Panasonic, Onkyo, Sony, Bose Indoor Sound Radio Home Stereo Audio Vedio Receiver
- Adhesive Mounting 75 Ohm FM Dipole indoor antenna with Universal Connector and Adapter to enhance FM Radio stereo reception
- F-type push on male plug connector easy to install and use for home av stereo receiver indoor
- 10 feet / 3m Coaxial Extension Cable, Antenna Connector Interface: F Type Plug Connector
Going ahead with our list, we have something very specific to a specific audience. Yes, Fougcol Antenna Receiver Pioneer Marantz has a very selective audience with specific taste. It satisfies customer expectations (Given that your expectations don’t cross a limit) and it adds value for money but more importantly, it adds a style to the user which can be your fashion statement.
Fougcol Antenna Receiver Pioneer Marantz is definitely the must-buy for those who need a little of both quality and price efficiency and as per our analysis, Fougcol Antenna Receiver Pioneer Marantz easily gets the award of Best Home Theatre Reciever Under 100$.
4. Yamaha Rx V385 5 1 Channel Receiver Bluetooth
- HDMI 2.1 with HDCP 2.2 (4-in/1-out)
- 4K Ultra HD support, HDR10, Dolby vision, hybrid log-gamma and BT.2020
- 5.1-Channel powerful surround sound
- YPAO auto-calibration technology for ideal sound,Exclusive Yamaha CINEMA DSP technology supports playback of HD Audio (Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, etc.), providing natural and expansive sound imaging
- Providing complete compatibility with the latest HDMI standards, this AV receiver delivers transmission of 4K video at 60 frames/second pass-through. It also supports HDR (high dynamic range) Video including Dolby Vision and Hybrid Log-Gamma which provides incredible contrast, smooth tone and rich, bright colors
- Bluetooth for wireless connectivity.Rated Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven)- 100 W (8 ohms, 0.9% THD). Rated Output Power (20Hz-20kHz, 2ch driven)- 70 W (8 ohms, 0.09% THD). Maximum Effective Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven) (JEITA)- 145 W (6 ohms, 10% THD)
Yamaha Rx V385 5 1 Channel Receiver Bluetooth is a veteran in the market and has been here for a long time. It offers something of a unique feature which no other competitor offers.
Go for Yamaha Rx V385 5 1 Channel Receiver Bluetooth if you want to try out something of a fusion of new and classic. Fun & Interesting Fact about Home Theatre Reciever is that even though Yamaha Rx V385 5 1 Channel Receiver Bluetooth is a veteran, the users are mostly younger generation. You can say fashion makes a turn after a century or so and things repeat.
- Overall, i’m very satisfied with the yamaha rx-v385.
- I was quite surprised at how great the sound quality was.
- The sound is good but greatly affected by the quality of speakers the buyer is using.
- It’s a very high quality product except for the bluetooth does not find your signal at all
- 8mhz dsd64 which is still great considering the price.
- And this yamaha gives me exactly what i need, at an excellent price.
- For the price i doubt you can find better.
- Building a decent home theatre does not have cost you a fortune.
- The automatic speaker calibration that this receiver comes was fast & easy.
- I contemplated for several weeks before i finally decided on the rxv385.
- The best feature is that straight out of the box everything seemed to work without doing a whole lot of setup.
- Have used a soundbar for the past few years but finally decided to jump back on a detecated surround system.
- I do own a yamaha bluray and an giant yamaha motorcyle.
- Just replaced a marantz sr 6010 that was nothing but trouble from the start.
- Bluetooth playback is alright, music enhancer does a noticible job of cleaning the music a bit, nothing extreme but does add a … Read More
- Very nice Home Theater receiver
- Hey….this stuff is complicated and takes some study…to choose an AV Receiver, TV, Speakers, etc…etc..etc.. I do own a Yam… Read More
5. Wireless Bluetooth Audio Power Amplifier – 300W 4 Channel Home Theater Sound Compact Stereo Receiver w/ USB, AM FM, 2 Mic IN w/ Echo, RCA, LED, Speaker Selector – For Studio, Home Use – Pyle PT272AUBT
- EQ CONTROLS: The sound amplifying device has crisp buttons for the audio sources and selectors, rotary knob for equalization and master volume adjustments. Includes remote control for distant audio adjustments and a power cable
- A/B SPEAKER SELECTOR: The professional integrated stereo receiver has A/B speaker selector enabling you to choose b/w speaker set. Use either A or B speakers or both. Note that when it is turned on initially it uses both speakers as default
- 3.5mm network adapter wire powered subwoofer switch small tv smart iphone 4.1 dj voice hdmi phone mono antenna indoor auto radio watt amplify compact ipod bass tube signal pc supply automotive cord house transmitter sub
- 6 INPUTS: The personal digital amp box supports SD / MMC card, USB, MP3, AM FM tuner, AUX, CD player, 2 microphone input w/ echo for karaoke or event hosting, RCA, AUX, and Bluetooth inputs
- BLUETOOTH ENABLED: The integrated hybrid amplifier is equipped with Bluetooth for wireless music streaming. Works with today’s latest devices including smartphone, tablet, laptop, computer, etc
- Otherwise very happy with function and quality for price.
- There won’t be a subwoofer, and audio quality is going to be as good as my phone’s bluetooth since all we will be doing is streaming audio.
- At less than $100, you cannot expect earth-shattering quality.
- For the price, you can’t beat it.
- Even though it is a great unit for the price!
- Love being able to have bluetooth at such a low price!
- However, those two receivers are in my great room and basement, powering some pretty high-end equipment.
- When turning on , it always chooses speakers a&b and volume starts at 20db.
- This seems to be a nice stereo system so far as I’ve had no problem yet & hope it stays that way.
- It great for what I need it for, my work. Sounds, and looks good. Great price too.
- this is what i was looking for perfect
6. Pyle Upgraded Bluetooth Amplifier Streaming
- RELIABLE & DURABLE: The home theater receiver is made of heavy-duty metal and aluminum alloy panel to protect your gear for years to come. The package includes sturdy removable rack mount brackets for trustworthy and easy installation
- CONNECT TO EXTERNAL DEVICES: The rack mount home theater amp features USB flash and SD memory card readers, as well as a 3.5mm aux input jack and multi-source RCA audio input connectors
- WHAT’S IN THE BOX: The audio receiver rack mount comes with everything you need to get started. This exclusive bundle from Pyle features our top of the line amplifier receiver, wireless remote control, detachable hardware rack mounts and FM antenna
- WIRELESS STREAMING: The receiver rack mount features a premium built-in Bluetooth 2.1 wireless streaming receiver. Making the receiver compatible with all your favorite devices, like iPhone, Androids, tablets, etc. It has a wireless range of 30’ plus
- HOME STEREO AMP: The rack mount home theater amp is a complete sound system. It acts like an FM radio with a digital LCD display with ID3 tag readout displaying each song title. Also features a 2.1 channel audio amp design. Wireless Range- 30’+ feet
- NOTE: Refer User Manual on Technical Specification before use
Pyle Upgraded Bluetooth Amplifier Streaming is a relatively new and late entrant in the market but surprisingly has surpassed beyond Wireless Bluetooth Audio Power Amplifier – 300W 4 Channel Home Theater Sound Compact Stereo Receiver W/ USB, AM FM, 2 Mic IN W/ Echo, RCA, LED, Speaker Selector – For Studio, Home Use – Pyle PT272AUBT which have been in market longer than anyone. Pyle Upgraded Bluetooth Amplifier Streaming brings you the best of the quality in the lowest possible cost. The Best feature of Pyle Upgraded Bluetooth Amplifier Streaming is what has kept in the market.
It certainly makes appearance in Reviews of Home Theatre Reciever in 2020 owing to its price penetration strategy in the market. If you own a Home Theatre Reciever and it could be any of the high value Home Theatre Reciever, chances are that would be much costlier than Pyle Upgraded Bluetooth Amplifier Streaming. Pyle Upgraded Bluetooth Amplifier Streaming will have more than 50% of all its features.
- Nice sound quality for a very low tech amp.
- The blutooth works well past 40 feet even through walls with no disconnects or dropouts.
- Everything on it is super low quality but for the price you can’t give it a bad rating.
- This is not a high quality surround sound amplifier.
- Perfect sound quality was not top priority since the shop is frequently noisy.
- But i figured it out it works great, good range with the bluetooth.
- Great power and sound and a very good price.
- An all-around performer at an outstanding price.
- If you don’t plan on using the remote control much then it’s a good buy for the price.
- Slim design fits well and it sounds great with my klipsch surround speakers
- Needed a small receiver to pair with some yard sale speakers and subwoofer for the workshop. Perfect sound quality was not top … Read More
7. Wireless Bluetooth Power Amplifier System – 300W 4 Channel Home Theater Audio Stereo Sound Receiver Box Entertainment w/USB, RCA, 3.5mm AUX, LED, Remote – for Speaker, PA, Studio Use – Pyle PT390BTU
- DISPLAY METER: The compact and rack mount amplifier has a built-in digital LCD display meter which displays all the functions and input used. Antenna, audio cable cord, remote control are also included in the package for distant audio adjustments
- 8 INPUTS: The personal digital amp box supports iPhone, smartphone, computer, iPad, USB, SD, MP3, AM FM radio tuner, CD player. Features 2 microphone inputs w/ echo, 2 RCA inputs, 2 RCA outputs, 4 pairs of speaker terminal binding posts
- BLUETOOTH CONNECTIVITY: The professional integrated indoor house stereo receiver is equipped w/ Bluetooth wireless music streaming. Works w/ today’s latest devices including smartphones, tablets, laptops, and computers w/ hassle-free receiver pairing
- 300 WATT POWER: The Pyle Digital AM/FM Stereo Receiver is perfect for your PA, karaoke and home entertainment system. It gives you 300W peak power to be used for multi speakers w/ 8-ohm impedance allowing you to enjoy high quality amplified audio
- EQ CONTROLS: The sound amplifying device has crisp buttons for audio sources and selector, rotary knob for equalization, mic and master volume adjustments. Features blue LED illuminated buttons to easily adjust the functions even in the dark
Wireless Bluetooth Power Amplifier System – 300W 4 Channel Home Theater Audio Stereo Sound Receiver Box Entertainment w/USB, RCA, 3.5mm AUX, LED, Remote – for Speaker, PA, Studio Use – Pyle PT390BTU is another one which falls under Home Theatre Reciever for money. It is most regularly advertised product and we see ads of it almost everywhere. In the past, Wireless Bluetooth Power Amplifier System – 300W 4 Channel Home Theater Audio Stereo Sound Receiver Box Entertainment w/USB, RCA, 3.5mm AUX, LED, Remote – for Speaker, PA, Studio Use – Pyle PT390BTU ’s parent company decided to launch a new line of Home Theatre Reciever and that is what has revived them. Wireless Bluetooth Power Amplifier System – 300W 4 Channel Home Theater Audio Stereo Sound Receiver Box Entertainment w/USB, RCA, 3.5mm AUX, LED, Remote – for Speaker, PA, Studio Use – Pyle PT390BTU has really upgraded itself to the current style and market changes and the best part of Wireless Bluetooth Power Amplifier System – 300W 4 Channel Home Theater Audio Stereo Sound Receiver Box Entertainment w/USB, RCA, 3.5mm AUX, LED, Remote – for Speaker, PA, Studio Use – Pyle PT390BTU is amazing features.
- Otherwise i am very happy with it.
- Good sound for the money, i would buy it again.
- They also track through a little oddly, don’t start with the first on the left and then move right, but you get used to it.
- Must always pay special attention to the volums as it goes higher to 20dp with the system is turner on.
- It plays great and was at a good price
- This pyle unit is easily the equal of one twice the cost.
- 1 awesome receiver for less than 50$ wow a pyle reciever 3000 watts that was a surprise i purchased that usually receiver run upt 250.
- A very good unit, and at this price, a great buy !
- The bluetooth does not reach more than 15ft but works well.
- I got this for my teenage son and he absolutely loves it
- Good garage radio.If I could change one thing on it, it would be when the radio powers on… It doesn’t default back to the las… Read More
- FM has weak signal amplification so outside antenna maybe required for your favorite channel. Also wish it would remember that … Read More
8. Sony Strdn1080 Channel Theater Receiver
- SPECS: 1155W, 6 ohm, 1kHz, THD 0.9% A/V receiver with 2nd zone and available 3rd zone connectivity
- EASY LISTENING: The STRDN1080 has Chromecast and is AirPlay, Multi-Room and Google Home compatible
- AUTO CALIBRATION: D.C.A.C. EX and virtual speaker relocation technology optimize sound to any room
- DYNAMIC SETUP: 6 in/2 out HDMI flexibility, front USB port and optical digital/analog AV connections
- 4K PASS THROUGH: 4K HDR compatible with HDCP 2.2 support for sharper source to screen image quality
- PHANTOM SURROUND SETTING: Experience 7 channel surround sound with only a 5 channel speaker setup
- ADVANCED AUDIO: DTS:X object based surround sound adapts to your speaker configuration in real time
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL SYSTEM: Enjoy a multi channel stereo setup and preset channel FM / AM radio tuner
- IN THE BOX: Receivers include a calibration microphone, FM wire antenna, remote control, batteries
Sony Strdn1080 Channel Theater Receiver is present in top 10 since a long time. In terms of customer satisfaction and ease of use, Sony Strdn1080 Channel Theater Receiver wins the users. Most of them who buy Sony Strdn1080 Channel Theater Receiver once wont by anything else although it offers very limited features and specifications.
The only reason for brand loyalty is ease of use. This product had a special mention in Reviews of Home Theatre Reciever in 2020 for not expanding user base but definitely not loosing any. The shift of people from Home Theatre Reciever to any other Home Theatre Reciever is least.
- Since i am not a sound quality diva, ease of operation and features are important to me.
- But, overall quality of receiver is great and set-up was relative easy.
- The sound is lower and poor quality when using arc.
- I’m very happy with the product and haven’t had any issues but one: there was no calibration mic in the box even though it’s su… Read More
- There seems to be some quirky things going on with the earc hdmi handshake, but i’m not sure if it’s the receiver or my bravia tv.
- I would say these are worth if the price comes down to about $400 during holiday sales.
- He really liked this receiver until he got to the earc part.
- I’m tempted to move this to a 5-star rating, but not quite yet.
- My dvd player and projector do not have those so will have to use a firestick or roku connected to hdmi input for the streaming services.
- Excellent new system to replace my older Sony Receiver Surround Sound Home Theater. Replaced due to issue with my older box be… Read More
- Update: I’ve now had this receiver for about a week and really like it. I’m tempted to move this to a 5-star rating, but not qu… Read More
9. 1000W Bluetooth Home Theater Receiver
- DIGITAL VFD Display: The home theater surround sound receiver system has a built-in VFD display w/ AM/FM radio. Features front panel control center & integrated over the current, short circuit and over-voltage protection
- includes a remote control
- BLUETOOTH CONNECTIVITY: The professional integrated high powered stereo receiver is equipped w/ Bluetooth wireless music streaming. Works with today’s latest devices including Smartphones, iPhone, iPad and computers with hassle Free receiver pairing
- Connect and stream audio/video from external devices via USB, RCA, HDMI, optical/digital audio
- EQ CONTROLS: The home amplifier with Bluetooth has 2 ¼” mic inputs with independent input source selection. Equipped w/ next-gen audio DSP sound processing technology and controls for echo, bass, treble, microphone, and volume adjustments
- 4K UHD TV SUPPORT: The AV digital amp box is equipped w/ 4K Ultra HD TV, 3D and Blu ray video pass-through support w/ dedicated RCA subwoofer output
- 1000W PEAK POWER: The Pyle 5. 2 channel hi-fi home theater receiver is perfect for your home entertainment system. Gives you 1000W peak power to be used for speakers and subwoofers w/ 4-16 ohms impedance, lets you enjoy high quality amplified audio
1000W Bluetooth Home Theater Receiver is again a mid of quality and price. It offers limited features in this pricing. There is another variant of 1000W Bluetooth Home Theater Receiver which falls into premium category but 1000W Bluetooth Home Theater Receiveris specifically targeted for mid-segment.
1000W Bluetooth Home Theater Receiver offers such a amazing features which makes it better than 70% of Home Theatre Reciever available in the market today. 1000W Bluetooth Home Theater Receiver was our personal favorite and was voted as most admired product in TOP 10 Best Home Theatre Reciever to Buy in 2020 – TOP Picks. We hope it makes to that list again this year.
10. Smof Wireless Receiver Transmitter Hea
- 【Please pay attention】 Please make sure that the connection mode on the screen matches the cable plugged into the socket (RX/TX). Before using the product, please read the instruction manual carefully. The product has a one-year warranty. For non-artificial quality problems, the product can be refunded or resent within one year.
- 【Transmit and receive 2 in 1】 TX mode: Make wired devices (TV, home audio system, PC) wireless, enjoy entertainment without disturbing others. Receiving mode: Make the wired speaker become wireless. Reuse outdated classic wired speakers to keep up with the trend. Bypass mode: 2 audio devices will be directly connected together through bypass mode, without having to unplug the cable every time.
- 【Super signal range】 The dual antenna design makes the signal of the audio receiver more stable and accurate. The transmission distance in RX mode can reach 98 feet, and the transmission distance in TX mode can reach 164 feet. You can use wireless headphones to move freely within this range.
- 【LED visual display】 The Smof audio receiver for home stereo will visually display the pairing status. It is more humane than the traditional operation panel, making the operation easier. After the first pairing is successful, the receiver will automatically remember the connection record. Automatic connection, no need to repeat connection.
- 【Apt-X HD 24 bit 48KHz】 Apt-X HD and LL decoding functions bring you a lower signal-to-noise ratio, less sound distortion and higher transmission rate, while eliminating audio delay. This receiver and transmitter can be paired with two devices when watching TV, movies or games without delay, and both players will enjoy super fast audio streaming. Note: To get AptX LL / HD sound effects, your receiving device must also support AptX LL / HD.
- Smof 5808 wireless adapter with transit and receive function is suitable for the needs of receiving and transmitting wireless signals of various audio electronic devices at home.
- The LCD display allows you to easily switch to the equipment you need.
- Aptx-LL/HD decoding technology, truly realize high-definition sound quality transmission.
- bt Version: V5.0
- Frequency Range: 2.4 GHz-2.480 GHz
- RX Mode Wireless Distance: 20-50 meters
- TX mode wireless distance: 30-70 meters
- RX mode Support bt Protocol: A2DP, AVRCP, SBC, APTX, APTX-LL, APTX-HD
- TX mode Support bt Protocol: A2DP, SBC, APTX, FS, APTX-LL, APTX-HD
- Output Audio Format: Stereo Analog Audio, Optical Fiber Digital Audio
- Input Audio Format: Stereo Analog Audio, Optical Fiber Digital Audio
- RX mode power consumption: About 0.8W (mobile phone and product distance increases, power will increase accordingly, up to about 0.9W)
- TX mode power consumption: About 0.8W (the distance between the receiver and the product increases, the power will increase accordingly, up to about 1.4W)
- Turn-off power consumption: About 0.19W
- The screen light will trun off in 5 minutes if non-operating: 5 minutes
- Input power supply: DC + 5V
Music lovers always appreciate good sound quality, and an AV (audio/video) receiver provides you with a nonpareil experience. The market is inundated with gadgets every day, and it is not easy to buy one without doing a little homework. If you want to get the most out of your home entertainment system, an audio/video receiver (AVR) is a must. It is the focal point of a home theater system. You need an AVR for a multitude of tasks, ranging from supplying power to your speakers to enabling surround sound. Having a clear idea of the features that you should be looking for is the first step towards making a suitable choice. To make your research easier, we have devised a useful guide to help you buy the best AV receiver, after going through thousands of AV receiver reviews on the Internet.
The best AVRs can be classified on the basis of the number of audio inputs and output ports that they feature, the number of channels that they support, and the number of speakers they can power.
5.1 Channel–It is the basic model that support five speakers and one sub-woofer.
7.1 Channel–This model supports two additional speakers, making it a total of seven, and a sub-woofer for a richer sound.
7.2 Channel–This is one of the best AVRs, designed for larger rooms and higher configuration home theater systems. It supports an additional sub-woofer for a more even distribution of sound.
9.2 Channel– This is the latest AV receiver that supports up to nine speakers and two sub-woofers.
Warranty: Most users would recommend choosing a product with a reliable warranty. When you invest a substantial amount of money in an appliance, you would like to have the benefit of easy replacement of parts in the event of any manufacturing defects.
Ease of use: Using all the features to your best advantage is only possible if you understand them clearly. It is quite clear that most users prefer user-friendly interfaces that can be regulated with ease.
Stay away from cheap products: Most users would recommend that you should always opt for reliable brands that offer quality products and best after-sales services.
What to consider before buying an AV receiver
Today’s market is filled with many types of AV receivers and an equally high number of features—which can leave you perplexed as to which one to choose. We have put together a few factors for you to consider before you make a purchase:
Check the number of inputs: Opt for an AV receiver that comes with at least six input points. This, indeed, is the most important feature to be considered. Also, ensure there are a number of HDMI inputs, as most of the gadgets you use today are HDMI devices.
Do not go by the latest model: Decide on the model based on the features you would really need. With each new model, new features get added: Airplay streaming, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Dolby Atmos, etc.–the list goes on. However, wireless capabilities, streaming features, and a USB port can be considered necessary—don’t compromise on those features.
Decide on the stereo/surround option: Opt for stereo if the purpose of the AV receiver is to listen to quality music. An AV receiver with a surround mode is meant for home theater use. Although a stereotype receiver is old-fashioned, it is the ideal one if you plan to listen to music only. You can save a substantial sum of money by not buying the surround type–unless, of course, you feel you really want it.
Check the power: This determines the quality of sound transmitted by your receiver. A high-wattage receiver will provide better sound quality even at low and medium volumes. Keep in mind the size and sensitivity of your speakers while selecting an AVR. Also, you should consider the size and design of the room in which you are planning to set up your equipment before making a decision about the relevant amplification.Buy the receiver that is powerful enough for accommodating the connected speakers, as well as the room in which it is located. The larger the room, the more the power that is required. Also, with the “All channels driven” specification, you can be sure that sound will be amplified to all channels.
Check connectivity – The ideal AVR should have an adequate number of input and output ports to accommodate all your equipment, as well as some spare ports. The technology to look out for in this department is HDMI (High-definition Multimedia Interface), which gives you the best video and audio output. Your AVR should feature digital connections–you should also ensure that it has the correct inputs, keeping in mind the equipment you plan to connect to it.
Ensure adequate features– Typically, AVRs incorporate several features to regulate the quality of audio and video output. Multi-channel stereo, traditional surround sound and simulated environments such as jazz club and concert hall environments are the buzzwords in audio capability. Latest video capabilities include 3D streaming, multi-screen display, and video processing. Making a list of features that you require may narrow down your choices.
Latest fads: Bluetooth, Airplay, Song Pal and Wi-Fi are some of the features to look for. Bluetooth connectivity allows you to connect your AVR with any kind of Bluetooth-enabled device for streaming audio and visual files. Airplay connectivity is limited to Apple products. SongPal is a Sony app that allows you to stream music from your smartphone. Wi-Fi is another useful feature that you would like to have to access your home Internet connection without the use of an external Ethernet cable.
Interface: The wide range of features would not be of any use if you cannot figure out the way to use them optimally. The best AVRs come with a user-friendly graphical interface that is easy to understand and regulate.
Calibration: A number of AVRs now offer automatic calibration that checks and configures systems and settings on their own. This feature makes life easier, especially if your knowledge of audio-video systems is limited.
Pioneer, established in 1938 in Japan, is one of the leading manufacturers of the best quality musical equipment.
Yamaha is a Japanese company that has grown to become the world’s largest manufacturer of a range of musical instruments, audio/visual products, and other related products.
Onkyo Corporation from Japan is known for their musical equipment and AVRs. Their advanced products are very popular with users.